Originally Posted by George C
Indigo, thanks for sharing that article!
I appreciated the title of the article, and her reference to "meaningful learning tasks" and "meaningful work" as these give me hope of gifted students receiving curriculum and instruction at their ZPD, rather than "differentiated task demands" in which advanced students are required to do more homework to receive the same grade as other students, thereby giving a false impression of equal outcomes by all students, while demoralizing the advanced students.

There doesn't seem to be anything particularly anti-ability about that article...
Agreed. smile

I really don't think the world is as binary as she is making it out to be. One can recognize one's abilities while, at the same time, strive to achieve personal growth. The article makes it sound black and white.
Agreed. I think the binary description is almost necessitated by the need to succinctly compare/contrast the two mindsets which were revealed in the studies. In real life, creating a layer of the lens through which we view the world, both beliefs may co-exist in varied degrees, however one belief may tend to be dominant.