It is indeed important to focus on the research. Dr Dweck is an academic, not a consultant, though they do offer the "Brainology" program. I don't know her level of involvement with that, will look into it. I also would like to ask our district if they are planning on implementing Brainology as a program, or developing growth mindset in other ways (such as unnaming the gifted program or changing grading systems).

I would be curious to know if she sees ways in which institutions try to implement her ideas that are at odds with what she meant. For example, here on the forum we interpret her writing in different ways, but it's just for matters of discussion. Real-world applications have real implications, and I wonder if it can backfire. I don't know how aware she is of our district's efforts in adjusting mindset, so I wouldn't want to ask questions specific to our situation.

Darn, I just agreed it's important to focus on the research, but then I say I really want to know what happens to it in the real world. So, back to indigo's earlier to suggestion, to ask about ongoing research, and if there is current research into real-world applications, especially in schools.