Good post MON. Really good points. Thank you for sharing your experiences. It feels better not being alone in this - we have some of the same type of things it seems like - some people/teachers/aids treating him as though he is cognitively impaired (this REALLY burns him up - he'd rather be treated meanly believe it or not), some just doing the negative halo thing - seeing him negatively in general, etc. It's hard.

I have to say the best people are sort of outside the school. So odd, I guess they are just paid to do a job and they get it done in a way that makes the kids want to come back. Like his math place - they haven't got the foggiest clue what dysgraphia/EDS is I don't think. They just meet him where he is and accommodate the weakness almost seamlessly and it's awesome. Same thing with the chess teacher. And his current swimming instructor. It's weird. I guess cause those are one on one and it doesn't matter so much how they get him wherever they are taking him it just matters that he gets and is happy and feeling good along the way. It's hard to explain but it feels like they see just him. I just wish school as whole could be that nice!