That is lovely, Sweetie. Unfortunately, not everywhere is so accepting. I have a lot of "snots" in my area. Prior to my son's diagnosis (nothing even manifested until he was around three - he did just about everything early and he never had any behavioral issues AT ALL prior to school so we and others never had any reason at all to suggest he was anything but "normal" and advanced), I was in playgroups, a sahm in the neighborhood, SOME people (actually enough) in our area/neighborhood would talk about and behind the backs of those with children who had dx... and not in a pretty or a kind, or accepting way. They would do this in front of their own children and the toxic spirit trickles down. So for me, if my son has a disability that is not readily apparent I pretty much keep it to myself. Unfortunately my son's one disability anyway is kind of apparent since he needs a scribe and uses the computer more than others, etc. So they know something is up. I KNOW they talk. and I KNOW they speculate on what the parents did to cause the dx. But if I could keep it a secret until my son can make that decision for himself I would. I can tell you if he gets dx with ADHD it's certainly mild enough not obvious I will keep it private. WE do not need to be providing any more fodder for these people. If my son as gets older wants to share then that his prerogative and his information to share in the meantime I keep what I can private.

Last edited by Irena; 01/09/14 07:57 AM.