Originally Posted by CCN
Originally Posted by marytheres
I want them to give him the breaks because they know that his eyes are fatigued and strained not because they think he has ADHD... I am sorry if that if that makes me a bad person or bad mom or whatever but I am just not comfortable with it. I truly think that a wrong label would only hurt DS and I am not willing to do it.

That doesn't make you a bad person - it makes you a caring, involved parent smile Each education setting has a slightly different climate, and you know better than anyone what impact each diagnosis would have on your particular situation.

I my DS's case I'm just trying to work with what I have. I would love to have the correct diagnosis for him, whatever that is. Some kids are clear cut, and some are not. DS is an enigma - he doesn't really fit anywhere. My comments here would have been a lot different a year ago... but now I'm at the point of letting go of my prior idealism and instead taking what I have and making it work.

Agreed! Thanks CCN! And thanks for all the time you have taken, you and everyone here has been helpful.