Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! All good points and good advice. And it makes total sense that you would tell the school they have access but then put in writing to the doctors that they are not to talk to school without permission from parent first. The medical professional is the one who gets sued if he/she were to violate the HIPPA (not the school) - doctors should be very cautious and very unwilling without specific permission. Thank God for HIPPA.

Anyway, I will approach first as "well DS has "graduated" from therapy so the permission is irrelevant and unnecessary." I can;t imagine how she would continue to push once told that.

I hate to sound paranoid. I am sure this particular psych has good intentions but I have always felt she has her own agenda with DS ... why, I do not know. But my feeling is she really wants him labled with a behavioral disorder of some sort... she wants him classified as something. I am not sure exactly what and perhaps she is truly well-meaning but I feel she is defintely has him mis-labled or misdiagnosed in her head. But I do not trust her at all with DS. If she had her way with DS he would be labled either on the spectrum or ODD, I believe - perhaps Adhd. But somehting like that I think she wants him classified as. I forsee no problems with DS teacher insisting on this stuff (I highly highly doubt she will) - she has had no problems with DS at all and she seems to get him ... I also do not presently see any problems with the new school psych pushing for this kind of thing - at least not presently. SO I think thanks to the advice and thoughts here :), we'll be able to navigate right around this safely and effectively.