When DS was very little and before we knew so much about his difficulties to get his attention and talk to him I used to place both hands on the side of his face and turn him to look at me, then once I had his full attention I could talk to him. Wasn't long before he would do the exact same thing to me when he wanted my attention smile

The doll one made me smile too. Promised him we would go shopping for a toy as a reward (for something? don't remember what) we went up and down the isles - he kept coming back to the dolls and I kept moving him on till he said no mum I've looked at everything and I want Tania. Tania? yes mum that doll, she's called Tania. To this day I have no idea where the name came from. So we bought Tania and he insisted on taking her out there and then and carrying her around the Mall. Bear in mind this NZ land of the macho male, we copped a lot of strange looks that day. She lasted a few years but I reckon when we got to school and she mysteriously dissappeared that DH got rid of her.

Ah sweet memories...