He's short of 3.5 yrs old by a couple months. I think the daddy drawing was a positive adjustment. I guess he finally got enough phone calls and answers to satisfy his doubt. It looks almost like they're hugging and they both have smiley faces. But who knows how he'll feel after having him home for another whole week and it happens again. Well, he'll get used to it. We all have to get used to it. I was pretty sad when I made the first post, but I felt so much better after he made the happy picture.

Lotsotots5 those dvd's sound like a great idea. Actually that gives me an idea for extended family. With elderly family members I've been taking extra pictures for the photo album so there will be some kind of memories. I didn't even think to use dvd's. We have the technology. I was thinking about those "tell me your story" books you're supposed to get your grandparents to write in. But a video of them telling stories or sharing a recipe would be great momento's.

ABQmom, the oilrigs? Like the bp ? That was crazy. I don't understand the pressure, but I guess it makes a lot more pressure than they expected under water. Thanks for assuring they'll adjust.

Grinnity, the hubby's been kind of wanting a laptop. It wasn't a top priority since we both have iPhones and a computer at the house (not iPhone 4's). So, I guess here's a good reason.

Thanks Foltzy, thanks Katelyn's mom. Katelyn's mom, how you been doing lately? Enjoying the Holliday break?

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar