LOL about the editing. smile BTDT...

That very article is one of the things that made me think APD, actually. I've been noticing weird--glitches? I guess?--in his vocab for a few months now. Several times a day, he's been asking me for definitions of words that I use a lot. Not the $2 words that he wouldn't know--those he doesn't ask about. He picks out the pretty common ones, the 3rd or 4th toughest word in the sentence, you know? And his speech seems simpler than it should. He has some mild trouble picking the right word. It's not outrageous, but it's weird enough that I noticed it and have been keeping an eye on it. Both vocab issues have been bothering me for a while.

Then I read this article this week, and a lot of things he's doing look like APD: he doesn't take oral instructions well AT ALL (gets confused, stressed, lost, etc.), when he's given multiple instructions in sequence he loses the last one(s), he mishears words a lot, etc. And, of course, he's not yet reading well, even though is a chatty, extroverted kid. Which may be his normal...or he may be struggling. His hearing tests--the ones that test with tones--are normal.

I worry that I'm just highly suggestible. But I also worry that I'm not. frown

That "something not quite right" feeling is really strong.

So comprehensive testing? That's the next step to try to ID LDs/2E issues? What constitutes comprehensive testing? Which tests should we be looking for? More than IQ and achievment testing?

Kriston