I'm in a strange place, and I could use a little direction regarding DS5 (nearly 6).

I'm pretty sure that he has 2E issues going on. I could be wrong, but his early testing by the school looks weird and doesn't reflect what other parents of gifted kids see when they look at him. (So it's not just me hoping to see something that's not there. The kid is testing at bright-to-MG, but he adds mixed fractions in his head even though no one taught him that. His math achievement scores weren't even in the gifted range.)

I feel in my mom-gut that something is wonky here. Visual issues or CAPD seem the most likely candidates, but their symptoms aren't even similar! Could he have both?

Honestly, I have no idea where to go from here. How do I figure out what the problem is? (Knowing full well that it could be something that I haven't even considered.)

Is there a one-stop shop for diagnosing LDs? How do I tease apart what is relevant from what is not, preferably without spending a fortune? We have a good relationship with a psychologist whom I had planned to have test him, as she tested his older brother. Is that my next step? Can she figure out what is going on, or is there somewhere else we should start first?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm feeling completely lost and useless to him. frown

Kriston