I was a "smart kid" too.

Unfortunately I don't think my parents or teachers had a clue what to do with me. I remember being alone a lot. Not really having friends in school, but rather acquaintences...

Fortunately, the adults pretty much stayed out of my way. So I was able to test out of high school at 16 and graduate from college at 19. Then I wasn't sure what to do with myself. By that time I was burned out on school and couldn't face grad school.

As a parent, I am more aware that my children are GT and have talents (artistic and design) that I try to help them develop. I should own stock in Crayola for all the art supplies I've bought over the years! And I don't focus solely on school for their intellectual stimulation and/or extracurricular activities.

That being said, I am frustrated by the limited educational options open to us here. Right now the girls are in a really good (read: willing to differentiate and challenge their students) small charter school. We have no idea what we'll do about high school and are dreading the possibility of having to pay college-level tuitions for high school.