I posted a summary here. It just scratches the surface.

http://giftedissues.davidsongifted.org/BB/ubbthreads.php/topics/18674/My_Recollections#Post18674

Since posting the above, I found out that my DW skipped first grade and that she won a lot of awards in middle school. She and her dad are have total recall of what they hear and read respectively.

How will it affect our parenting?

I think a lot of parents want to not repeat the "mistakes" their parents made. Both DW and I have discussed what we liked and did not like about our parents and we have decided to do what is best for our son rather than react to our childhood hangups.

While the GT side of things adds an extra dimension, but beyond putting our son in the right environment for him to be intellectually and spiritually challenged, GT does not change the need for a moral education and the need to hold him to high standards in his conduct.

As far as the impact of being GT upon raising a GT kid, the biggest impact is knowing enough to be able to learn with him and to know what he does not know, but would enjoy learning - assuming his interests turn out to be the same, and not having to default to the school system or others in selecting his curriculum and educational trajectory.