Originally Posted by ienjoysoup
LOL! are we like twins or somethin'?

except for the 150 iq part.....................depending on the school year, and the brand of iq test they gave me.

they would tell my parents one year that i was a genus, the next the SAME administator would tell them that they were very sorry but................ "she's mentally retarded." {instert dramatic pause and hand touch}
At one point they said I had autism and should be instatutionilized, for my own good (With a side order of sterization! yeh!) This is why I have little faith in the educational system and in iq tests in general.

In my way of thinking, (I had to invent my own because I just didn't seem to understand anyone elses) There are those who are conformers by nature, those who conform because they can, and then the rest who are out in left field picking dandelions and noticing the beautiful strangeness of the universe.

smile Yes that was me, out in left field... I was very much in my own world. I don't remember much about the school curriculum. It was so easy it didn't really register with me. I remember some flashes of insight. Those were always internal experiences no one knew I was having. I also remember playing with the focus of my eyes as I stared at the blackboard. It didn't occur to me that I was smart because I was never able to figure out what to say to kids who talked to me. They thought I was some kind of freak and told me I was stupid. I believed them because it didn't occur to me that they would have any reason to lie. I pretty much lived in my imaginary world of books, even when I was just walking around. Sometimes, I wouldn't be seeing reality and I would walk into a pole or something. Other times, I would come to and realize that I had walked a long way on autopilot.

Occasionally, something I was obsessed with would catch the interest of kids around me. I remember collecting the little cone shaped caps from the buds of eucalyptus trees. I was fascinated by the perfect cone shape and how they could nest inside each other. Other kids started collecting them, too, and it became some kind of weird fad.

At home, I spent a lot of time up in trees or on top of the swing set where I was out of reach and could watch the other kids from above. I often pretended I was a castaway on an island.