Yeah, I know. I've read Dottie's explination. (to other parents) Also that the test I assume I took isn't used anymore. I've been reading this board for how long? I mean, I get how the test works now. Even then I said, what did you expect? I'm good at taking tests. My parents and I have other things in life to worry about than the results of one test. But it's just weird to me that it's such a secret. I've seen the reasons. How hard is that to explain? It's not a big deal. I hardly care now, and cared less even then.
I love how Grinnity says: "gifted is as gifted does". And Kriston said: "we believe in Whatever works.". No reading too much into anything. Just a lot of common sense.
It wasn't until I found out that it's something that should be kept a secret that I thought it was strange. I'm not weighing in on the tell/don't tell debate since it depends on the family. I'm just airing my internal incredulity. I'm 30 something and neither parent has discussed it with me at all. My mother told a friend of mine a couple of years ago. Then a few months later mom asked me if anyone ever told me a number. I lied and said no. I mentioned it to my dad who acted like it was a secret I should not have heard about (even now ?!). Is that not the weirdest behavior?

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar