Interesting thoughts and discussion. DS is only 6 and has yet to ask about it. Anyhow, he knows he is gifted and in DYS which seems to be enough for now. I am not interested in giving him the number for quite a while because he doesn't know the whole context and many other reasons that other parents on here had concerns about. If he asks about his IQ, my response will probably be "very high" Maybe as he gets older I will even give him the percentile range since he is very mathematically oriented, but I also don't think the number is a great estimate anyhow. I could also do the whole "high enough that you can do whatever you wants to do in life." or "high enough that there are not many out there in the world that have minds that work like yours." He did extended scoring as well which they said is a more accurate estimate. I wouldn't even know a number to tell him anyhow. I also don't tell others his IQ because I don't think it would be fair that everyone knows his IQ and he doesn't. Obviously the school has his report so they know, hopefully they will keep it private.