I'm late in reading these posts but find this a very interesting discussion.

zhian said "How can a fact about a person not be that person's business to know? Would you stand for someone deciding it wasn't your right to know your IQ? Or something about your health? I don't think a parent has the right to withold this kind of information."

My kids were tested at either 4 or 5 years old. I think I would tell either of my oldest two now (14 and 15) because they're mature enough to digest it (maybe) and perhaps wouldn't query about their other brothers or feel competitive. I remember being repelled by the little boy next door who, on the day we moved in, came over and announced "Hi I'm Michael and I have an IQ of 134" I also thought a little girl in my kids class was obnoxious because she told the other kids at school that she was exceptionally gifted and smarter than everyone else. I repeatedly lecture my kids (they will attest) that they might be smart but that doesn't make them better than anyone and what would truly be impressive is if they did something good or beneficial or helpful or important with what they had. Otherwise, there's nothing remarkable about it...and if I ever caught them bragging about their blue eyes their intelligence, I'd be very disappointed.