Such great food for thought regarding this issue, and so many things that I don't think I would have even considered had it not been for the discussion.

For me, the biggest issue is not about giving him the number, but rather putting it into a context. If I just told him the number and he had no frame of reference, he wouldn't know whether it was 'good, bad, high, or low'. And he has no reference (when the topic first came up and I was trying to not answer specifically, I asked him what he thought it would be and he promptly replied "like 300?"....boy, is he going to be disappointed, grin). This showed me he has no clue about anything other than it being a number.

I agree with those who've said that maturity would play a part in the timing of sharing the info, and if/when it comes up again, DSs maturity with regard to information and the ability to process and truly understand what it all means will be a determining factor. It's simply a piece of information about him that I happen to have, and I believe he has a right to know it...at some point. (I do also believe that it's my privilege to share and not that of a teacher/tester/etc. I'd be upset if I thought someone who isn't as familiar with DSs whole person decided to give him the info.)