I'm not going to worry about it yet. �I'll assume it's a phase that will pass. �He just seems to think everything's always fun and games anyway. �It looks like he just realized we don't always have to state the facts and he's playing with it, he thinks it's funny. �He was so literal before. �But it's bad, really bad. �He went potty today. �I wiped his butt and he went to the table with no undies on. �I said "go put your undies on". �He said, "They're right here". �He points to his bare hips. �I said, "Where?". He said, "on my butt". �And he looked me straight in the eye and told me this when he's sitting naked right in front of me. �He had a glimmer in his eye but he kept a straight poker face. �I'm not making a big deal out of it, but I have told him "nobody's going to believe you if you keep telling lies". �Eh, if he gets much worse I'll just write it all down and make a book or a videogame world out of it. �

Today I got a treat. �He's been learning hooked on phonics since last year so I've seen him sound out single words. �And he'll sometimes read a nice big flashy sight word he's picked up somewhere (PBS?). �But he only reads words not sentences. �Well he just did that two week free trial of the reading eggs. �It really worked! �I bought him a cheap-o phonics DVD from toysRus because HOP 1st introduces the blended sounds on a boring cd, I need something with "ch" "sh" "th" phonics lessons. I put on the DVD and left. �I heard from the other room "This a cat". �Then the DVD guy read, "this is a cat". �I heard Wyatt correct himself, "this Is a cat."

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar