that's a good point. Our children always make more sense to us, but stranges often comment on how clear her articulation is and complex her sentences are so it is all I know. I don't mean to offend anyone with this. My two year old is also very bright but I don't think her speech is as clear as my four year old's was at that age, yet people are often commenting on how clear and advanced her speech is so when I hear four years talking in very simple ways with very simple language and very unclear, I worry my DD4 won't have kids to really have conversations with, but I could be wrong and I really hope I am! She can always talk with her teachers. She has three so she can chat with them. My DD4 can regress at times too and talk in a babyish way for attention and someone catching that might think that is the only way she communicates and underestimate her. I think I was just feeling a moment of panic when the curriculm includes learning one letter at a time and the shape of a circle and the number one: things my DDs did well before their second birthday. I hope they spend very little time on those sorts of things and just play, do crafts, and sing so that my DD4 won't be scratching her head wondering why kids older than she is are doing things she did as a baby.