I find myself uncomfortable in certain circumstances where an older child and parent are interacting with me and my almost 2 dd. For example at the library the other day my DD was playing with a numbers puzzle that a abt four old wanted. my DD can be incredibly contrary. She was trying to make the five fit the two upside down. She knew the numbers. The four yr old tried to teach DD the numbers and the mom chimed in.. This will only make my DD more contrary....I thought for a moment and then decided to let them know that DD knew her numbers. I felt so uncomfortable. DD then took the zero and said zero and put it easily in the right place. I was glad that she did something to back me up so I did not appear this crazed mom. There was another interaction and then DD promptly put all the numbers in the right place easily stating if they were upside down or right side up....Then she interacted with the four yr old better. The other mom seemed fine with it. I was pretty uncomfortable. With my first one I had no idea she was advanced. I knew nothing abt gifted and just assumed people were being nice when they made comments. I told them it was because I taught her sign language which is what I believed..I was oblivious to their wonder and my guess is discomfort...ahhh ignorance is bliss for sure..so curious what others think and do in similar circumstances.