Originally Posted by La Texican
�At least this answers the question my brother asked me a few weeks ago, is Wyatt creative? �I had to answer I don't know. �We don't see kids his age enough for me to compare. �He lies a lot. �He'll tell me he can't eat his lunch because there's giants in the kitchen threatening him. �Or that he didn't lose his cellphone, that a monster ate his phone and spit it back in his hand and he hid it from the monster and now he doesn't know where it is. But I'm not sure that's really creative. �

I think the lies do speak to creativity, it speaks to a rich imaginary world. I dont think they are lies the way older kids or adults lie. My DS 4.5 was/is the same way. I was worried for awhile when it would be about things other people have or other people did, he would say it was his or he did it or didn't do it. At first I corrected it, but then realized it was how he was processing the world and incorporating the world into his imaginary world. He has imaginary friends with fantastic lives, where he says stuff like he and the friend do this or that.

DeHe