I thought it might be fun for those of us with little ones to have our own thread for the upcoming school year. A place to update and keep track of each other. I know I love reading about everyone's kids.

My DD (just turned 4 this month) has been going to a Spanish Immersion school since last year but only MWFs. We planned to keep with this same routine this year but when we went to the parent orientation this past week we decided it would be in DD's best interest to enroll her full time. Mommy is a little sad but I'm sure I'll adjust. Reason why we had a change of heart: DD's school is working on IB certification and in January they will be moving the part time students into separate classrooms, plus the schedule was handed out at the meeting and I was not happy that the French and Mandarin will only be taught on Tuesday and Thursday. My DH calmed me down, suggesting that it was out of the school's hands and perhaps the teachers that come in to teach are only available on those days. We plan to keep DD in the school until 5th grade (so long as it remains a good fit for her) which means we want her to stay in the class that is structured for the IB which will make it an easier transition when she does move up to Kindergarten.