I have heard the argument for both sides when it comes to early education but I personally think it really depends on the personality of the individual child. Take my DD. She is a shy empathetic child but also appears to be a pleaser while at school. When we had her in the other school we also saw all of the above but with a twist: dummy down. These early years set the stage for DD and she will either learn that it is not only okay but necessary for her to be herself and to also be challenged along the way.

If I look at the school strictly on academics than I would be panicked since DD was able to do their curriculum for her class by age 2 and this school is 2 years advanced compared to public schools in our area. But she is challenged through other ways: languages but again she is closing that gap quickly so crossing my fingers. I will say this: the past year of placing her in a social preschool only to pull her 2 months later and enroll her in this school, I noticed her lack of interest in much of anything academic while at home. She was very much about imagination. She still advanced in her thought processes and her questions became more intense and complex but she could have cared less about reading or math during that time. She did focus some on writing and lots of time on drawing. Over the summer this changed drastically. She started asking to read and now is focused on reading and math. Thinking about it I think perhaps she was adjusting to the environment and the foreign language. Now that she feels comfortable with her own abilities within Spanish she is able to focus her attention on other things.

But to look at your concerns: is it bad that the school's curriculum aligns with what you do at home? I would see it as reinforcing. There is a comfort in fluidity.

And as for full time vs. part time ... JMHO but I think part time at this age is the best choice. They get the best of both worlds and we planned to put DD in part time this year but with the new changes in the school and our plan to keep her there through elementary, we felt it important to enroll her full time so she would have less of an adjustment when she did move on to kindergarten. Was a hard decision and I still watch the clock on some days ... tick tock tick tock ... but I know she is enjoying it and loves school.