Thanks PTP. Did your chld enter a big school or small one and was there any kind of adjustment going to a big school?

I really would like to know people's experience like this. It is hard to make choices without a data bank. You hear some anecdote about someone's experience but without knowing how different kids dealt with all of it. Not just he/she was ahead and got into college.

Just like someone finally did a longitundinal study of kids that had gone to Hunter from K and others who entered at 7th grade and saw what happened after 30 years. Also what schools they applied and went. And what happened in their lives, in terms of success, happiness.

Just like that study in CA where the rejects from the gifted program were actually the ones that won the Nobel prizes.

I would like to know how this unschooling thing works. Because I am finding that custom fitting may be the right thing but I hope I can learn from the types of kids it works really well, and maybe what doesn't work because of factors we may not recognize right off the top.

I would like to know how top colleges view the transcripts and the experience.

Ren