Originally Posted by GeoMamma
Lucounu, I have completely lost track of what your objecting to. I suspect you have too.

You've lost track due to no5no5's habit of twisting and dodging. I haven't.

I just think a child's natural drive to learn is stronger than you obviously do.

Which child?

Are you saying that it is impossible to learn things in adulthood that you missed out on in childhood? I don't think that's what you're saying? That doesn't make sense either, there are plenty of examples where that isn't the case.

Anecdotes about a few people teaching themselves to read in late teens or adulthood and being just fine are unconvincing support for unschooling, to say the least, in light of our illiteracy problem. It doesn't make sense to assume that being put far behind is not a serious disadvantage, and that it doesn't limit one's life choices.

I'm sorry if you've really gotten confused. My message is pretty clear, where I haven't been forced to accompany no5no5 on her excursions, and parts of it have even been restated. I encourage you to go back and read the thread again, if you like. Most of your rhetoric boils down to a little series of straw men.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick