Originally Posted by Dandy
This is the same kid who can spend a 60 minute car ride telling about how all the horcruxes(?) come together in the last HP book with excruciating detail. But ask him to put it in writing and you get: a topic sentence, three or four body sentences and a closing sentence. With nary an adjective or adverb in sight.

Dandy - I have some good news! You son is way ahead of what mine was able to do with writing at that age. Until your son is keyboarding at 90 wpm (maybe around age 9 if you start now) you aren't going to see that level of detail on paper. Think about if you had to post these messages on a text message keypad. Try that for a few times, and then see if your brain doesn't start 'simplifying.' Just keep your son talking his papers, to a video camera or scribing and letting him edit, so that you can get him over this small -temporary-asynchrony.

Really - at age 13, my son is putting together a project on his computer that is 63 pages long.

You still get to be concerned that he isn't learning how to learn, but not in this one particular area, ok?

Smiles,
Grinity

Last edited by Grinity; 08/21/09 12:44 PM.

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com