I believe most parents with gifted children are in this same boat at one point or another. We were. Ds went to PS Kindergarten and begin thinking that school was for playing and not learning b/c he didn't learn anything that year. We pulled him out and homeschooled him last year. But even then most of the curriculum I had picked really didn't challenge him. Only at the end of the school year did he fell challenged in math but not so much he was still breezing through it. This year we are doing a Virtual Public School and they have actually allowed him to skip 2nd grade. So, he will start 3rd grade. School starts Monday and I talked with his teacher the other day about his math. He finished a 3rd grade math curriculum last year and over the Summer he started a 5th grade math program. She wants him to just take the lesson assesments for 3rd and thinks he could be finished in 2 weeks. Then do the same for 4th grade. She thinks he will probably start 5th grade math in january. He will be doing this for a couple other subjects too. YEAH a public school that gets gifted children. I think this school year ds will get that challenge and may even fail a few test. I hope this all works out.