This is exactly what I'm worried. The same thing happened to me. I failed my first class in grad school. It was a horrible stress for me, like a nightmare. I did not tell anybody, I was so ashamed and it took me a year to find the courage to try it again. I truly thought I'm going to fail and never graduate because of one stupid test. Finally I studied really hard for weeks before going to the test. I had no idea that the you were supposed to study (like read) your books before exams! I only read for fun.

I always felt I should be the first person to leave the test room as that is how it was always.

I'm still struggling with laziness. I tend to work quite hard for a while and then give up and wait for "inspiration". Somehow I'm able to get something done, but I would be so much more efficient if I would be able to produce something every day, instead of every third. I'm even thinking that maybe some testing might help me but as I'm not a native english speaker it might be difficult to draw any conclusions.