Originally Posted by Wesupportgifted
We had no idea; neither of us can imagine why you would want a parent at your school; we are learning something new each day. I am glad you shared so that I am prepared in the fall for when the same parents end up once again in their child's educational building. Is it that they renegotiate each spring so that they can map where their children will be in the fall and then make sure (somehow) to get that specific assignment? Yikes.

Don't you have a preference for workplaces? Maybe your school district works differently, hut in the places I've sent kids to school and been to school teachers don't float from year to year. They get a job at Lincoln Middle School teaching Spanish and tend to stay there for many years if they're doing a good job, they don't get sent over to Washington middle school the next year,then back to Lincoln for a couple of years, then off to Jefferson, etc. Same for kids, if you start at Lincoln you tend to stay there. In face, one district had a reorganisation of zones and they specifically grandfathered in any current students and siblings.