DS6 most exceptional gift may be at sensing disguised vegetables.

But he still eats smoothies ... by trial and error we ended up with cooked spinach in it, kale didn't work for us as it has a slightly more noticeable taste to DS. You can get quite a bit of spinach in a smoothie, but we started with around a heaping tablespoon and worked up to a little more. Definitely banana for anti-vegetable taste. And then blackberries are the one fruit that seems to get the color back to fruity from green. And then whatever else is in the fridge. Some people use a piece of beet or beet juice to color it, but DS seems to sense this as a vegetable. And we mostly use yogurt but sometimes a real icecream instead, just has that extra smooth and yummy taste (and yes sugar).

Other things we actively try to get into DS are vitamin E in it's natural form/s such as in almonds/almond milk or peanut butter. And then selenium which is not found in a lot of foods, we try to make sure he gets about a brazil nut a day or every other day, we put ground brazil nuts in our saturday pancakes. The nuts are not hard as DS eats trail mix willingly. Fish oil, the nordic natural chewies, he still thinks they are candy, has been on omega 3s forever.

100% whole wheat bread, at least lately, I somehow missed for years that regular "whole wheat bread" is generally only a small percent whole wheat flour.

The one thing I still wish I could find a way to get into DS is anything tomato such as pasta sauce or a fresh tomato. As a toddler he'd eat a dish of ketchup if he could, but gave up anything tomato by around 3.

He takes goldfish type crackers, pretzels, and juice boxes for snacks. Happy we are not at a school where that would be looked down on... instead it's the opposite where other people here probably think we are stuck up about our food because the juice box says "reduced sugar". DS eats hot dogs, chicken fingers, pizza, cheerios and homemade muffins when there are any. Eats a reasonable amount of fruit and tiny quantities of raw veggies when forced. Craves cookies and candy, generally has something in that category daily, but in moderation, one cookie or one small lollipop.