We do an O's type cereal and healthy turkey sausage, then yogurt and popcorn or some other grain like good crackers for snack. We pack snack and lunch separately. They really emphasize that at school bc the kids eat their lunch at snack all the time apparently. I just tuck snack into the outer pocket of dd's lunch bag that holds her lunchbox... For lunch she eats little flower punched shapes of turkey (was hoping shed switch to sandwiches after eating a ton this summer but she requested the flowers and hey whatever helps her eat her protein!), a big tiffin of berries, and then often a grain like crackers or puffed kamut, and often a veggie squeezer bc she will NOT eat veggies at lunch smirk she likes them HOT or COLD but not lunchbox even w ice pack. Sometimes I've done goat cheese on crackers, w berries... We mix things up. Oh and her box has room for a tiny treat so like chocolate covered sunflower seeds, and sometimes whatever we've had around for a party, like muffins or veggie chips etc. we just found out the school is not nut free anymore so we can do pbj, muffins w nuts, pistachios.... But I still feel weird about that bc I'm pretty sure there's a kid in the grade up w a strong enough allergy that the classroom was nut free last year... But DD will be very conscientious about cleaning her hands after. Clearly folks send nuts everyday, I guess it switched last year and I'd read an old school handbook. But still.

Dd eats a ton of protein and veggies and pretty much anything at dinner. She's always starving after school so we do a free for all snack then, normally crackers and cheese and yogurt and nuts. She used to be sensitive to some foods but seems to be growing out of that, and seems to be doing ok on what she eats--but she definitely needs those three meals and two snacks! I stuck to the schedule over summer and woe to me when I delayed snack! wink