Right after I said this, which you quoted:
Well, recently in the midst of that struggle, I get notified that they need a "baseline" for the "anxiety goals," which by the way they made a little more specific this time around.
I immediately said this
I am (was) fine with that but very curious as to how they are going to establish a "baseline" for the anxiety goals. I questioned that and there has been pretty much been radio silence.

Also, I would direct you to this post to further clarify my concern:

Originally Posted by marytheres
I don't know what they mean by establishing a baseline either. I am somewhat suspicious especially since when I questioned it I was met with a silence. The special ed teacher emailed me saying they made the changes of putting the scribing accommodations back in the iep and were sending it home with DS for me to sign. She added "oh and btw way also added that a baseline for one of the goals must be determined within ten days." I asked "what is a baseline and for what goal is being an added?" She responded "A baseline is the beginning measurement of a behavior. A baseline of behavior is measured before an intervention begins. The baseline measurement, compared to later measurements after an intervention, gives a starting point to measure how effective the intervention is. The baseline will be applied to the anxiety goal." I emailed "well that sounds like a good idea. However, I am curious how you will determine what the baseline is for that behavior? Sorry to be dense... I guess through some sort of behavioral ratings or something?" I received no response to this at all... why can't she tell me how they plan on doing this via email? Obviously, I can't consent to this unless I know what they are planning to do. So I am suspicious... It felt like whatever they are doing/plan on doing they have decided on it without me (ie., we did not discuss this at all in the last iep meeting last week), then they tried to 'sneak' it in (i.e., 'oh btw we are adding this too') and when I say 'please explain how you plan on doing this.' There is silence. Seems odd. And I do not like the feeling that I really can't trust these people.

The previous anxiety goals had no "baseline" established or referenced to as far I as I know so I guess they were in violation of the law.... This is the first I am hearing a "baseline" is necessary after two iep meetings and two full ieps with "anxiety goals"

Last edited by marytheres; 03/22/13 01:37 PM.