Originally Posted by jaylivg
Originally Posted by joys
Does your child have friends outside of school? Do you have play-dates with different kids, older, younger, same age? That helps a lot with such issues. What works at times, at home is to have quiet time when nothing is offered, no TV\no games\no reading\writing\play, absolutely nothing. Its just the time to sit quiet and be in their own space. We have seen that that has helped my DS to have more control on himself, also teaching him how to handle the situation when nothing much is going on. He also has a tendency to be himself and asks deep questions at times. The distiction, we are trying to teach is when is the right time and when its not for expressing\questioning. Ours is still a work in progress though. But the older he is getting, the more he is able to understand us.

He has friends outside school , we have neighbourhood kids but they're from same school although different grade . With these kids , they usually play in the weekend , or sometimes he has his friend over who's in the same grade but not in the same class .

That's the thing , it is hard for him sitting not doing anything . Sitting he can handle that , but he always has to have something to do ,read or write or holding something whether it's small ball he can squeeze , or he would create something out of paper and a pencil only , he always has to have something to do . If i try this sitting not doing anything .. how long should i let him do this ?

We started with 2 minutes when DS was little. He had to sit, no standing. It was extremely hard for him, to not do anything. We have increased it up to 10 minutes over time. You can start with 1 min if 2 mins is hard for him and gradually increase it.