Originally Posted by mcsquared
I could have written this post about our DS, also 8 and in Gr. 2.

Friday will be his last day at school. It's just getting worse as the days go by. I miss my lovely, caring, happy, and mature little boy.

The school has done nothing for us, even with a psych report that gives him a GAI of 151.

Not sure what we are going to do yet, but it will not be school, or not this one.
(Best school in our province, for kids above the 80th percentile.)

I feel exactly the same !!! He's not as happy as he used to be anymore . Mostly because they've labelled him as a trouble maker . He even wrote a story about himself called him " TroubleCo"

Me and my husband were thinking about pulling him out from the school too , since it's gotten worse and worse and nothing good coming out from it . And it's not like he's learning anything new from there either . This was supposed to be one of the best school in our area , exemplary school .

It frustrates all of us , not only our son but us as parents too . He even said he is very book smart , but not street smart , this is his own words .

I am thinking to get his IQ tested even though the school wants to do their own testing . Do u think it'll be helpful at all ?