Originally Posted by jaylivg
Yes we're in the US . I just feel it's unfair to have his behavior judged , just because the area / classroom itself doesn't suit his needs . Just like us when we're put in a place where we don't belong , we tend to behave a little awkward and to be judged like that , it just doesn't seem right .

I really don't think DS has a somewhat a masterplan behind his behavior at school . He's an open talker , he's willing to talk with you , he'll tell you what works what doesn't work for his behavior . And no there is absolutely no masterplan behind everything he does . Well there is .. it's just that he thinks he doesn't learn anything at school , and he wants to learn something , not just going to school but not learning anything , he wants something , he said he would use his time and his brain to work on something new if they ever teach me anything new he doesn't know .

So , if you were me , would you sign this paper ??? i'd think they should let us meet with them before they interview or do whatever they will to DS . Just like a therapist we're meeting next month , she wants to meet us first before she starts the therapy with DS .

This can go round and round, they decline to accelerate as they think your son is immature and because he doesn't get acceleration, he is more likely to misbehave. I think you need to give them a message to give your son challenging work at school and then continue like that for at least 3-4 months and if his behavior does not improve then only you will think of behavior consultation. In the meantime you can also work with son at home to make him undestand the expectations from school.

I feel for your child.