Originally Posted by SiaSL
You might want to get more details on who will assess the baseline, what the methods used will be, and shape the process (ask for a parent questionnaire to be included, make sure that 1:1 assessments are done with somebody you/your child like, make sure observers are not biaised -- ie. that the horrible aide is not the one taking notes...), but refusing to get a baseline... just doesn't make sense to me.

I am NOT refusing a baseline (and actually I never said that in any post). I WILL refuse an FBA because I have had very poor experiences with those. (Just my experience but Behavioral Analysts (BAs) that work primarily with children with autism seem to see autism in everything, Behavioral Analysts (BAs) that work primarily with children with ADHD see adhd in everything, and so on ...My child's disabilities and gifts are more complicated for that type of person, jmo. I prefer to get someone I have chosen and that I have looked at the qualifications and I have interviewed and that I feel confident in to analyze my child.)

I am refusing getting the "baseline" if I do not get the very details you mention: "more details on who will assess the baseline, what the methods used will be, and shape the process (ask for a parent questionnaire to be included, make sure that 1:1 assessments are done with somebody you/your child like, make sure observers are not biaised -- ie. that the horrible aide is not the one taking notes...)" Getting no response to my asking how they are going to establish the baseline has made me suspicious. And, once I get their answers, if I am unhappy with their answers to or their process (like if they have the aid who shamed him weighing in on it) you can bet I will refuse until I am comfortable.

Last edited by marytheres; 03/22/13 01:41 PM.