Originally Posted by Zen Scanner
I don't know how to fairly judge the behavior of a kid who is underchallenged and likely bored and looking for any outlet. So, until they are adequately challenged, I think it is kinda meaningless. If they are never challenged, then I'd anticipated even more of the same.

This article talks a bit along these lines:
http://www.cedu.niu.edu/lepf/founda...ed.Students.Why.Do.Smart.Kids.Do.Suc.pdf

OMG .. i just saw the title of the article and this was my question all the time to him !!!! He's so smart but yet why does he do stupid things ??

And about teacher , for example , i brought the books that my son worked over last summer , it was math 3rd grade book . I showed this to her and his work , and yet he came home telling me oh he's just learning the same thing he already knew for example counting money , ( he knew this already from early 1st grade ) , or he said oh just addition , oh just subtraction . I mean the kid already knows this all . He is so underchallenged . And as a result he keeps himself busy doing stupid things !! Or distracting friends .. he's not effected by it but it does effect other students who still has a lot to learn .

And if he doesn't learn anything new from school , makes me wonder what does he go to school for ?