in this case, she was suspended because the other child was hurt.
After talking briefly to his mother, who is a friend, I can see that the school also minimized or is completely unaware of what really happened. As usual, we are getting two different stories from the kids and no adult actually had eyes on them when it happened. I'm deeply saddened because the other child is also gifted and, while physical concerns are one thing, I know this oculdn't be good for his esteem and they are also in a similar situation rergarding school, except that he does well in classroom...the other mom and I have joked that if we could cut the two of them in half, and blend them, we'd have two "fine" kids.
I don't think this teacher has a problem with my DD, but maybe I don't know how to read her? She does confuse me a little at times...and other parents, who have had that teacher and assured me that this would be THE teacher, are puzzled as to why she would change the system without telling me...
For what it's worth, the school psychologist doesn't believe she has ADHD...and these incidents usually happen once or twice a year, she doesn't have a pattern of purposely hurting other kids, and she doesn't beat up on her sister at home, but this is not the first time that her judgement has been severly lacking. Usually some other kid provoked her by getting in her personal space, which the kids at our school seem to do, as a group. They are touchy feely, always jostling and touching each other and I know that bothers her a lot...
I have been crying almost every day since the school year started and it's really hit home how different she is when school is in session. How do you hide from a perceptive child that even you are unhappy with the school, even if you don't talk about it...

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...