that's it, I've had enough.

After 3+ years of the school TELLING ME I have to MAKE my kids do what they want her to do, doing what they have asked of me and still having no improvement, I have finally had the last straw!

At last week's SST, the counselor suggested we make the consequences half of a system she set up more severe, because the consequences didn't seem strong enough to deter DD8 from misbehaving...she also said to take my child to a conselor so we can try to get to the root of why she doesn't want to cooperate. Same counselor also said I should go ahead and look at other school options, but that DD might be "manipulating" me into a change...School psycholgist agrees with outside counseling and says DD needs more frequent reinforcment of positive behavior during the day. Well, that would have to be totally the teacher, I'm not there all day...Teacher says we need to be a team...I guess meaning all us grownups, but not the child whose future we are discussing...so fine...I say I will do all those things...
Then, after three days of no red or green card (daily progress reward/consequnces system), I go to the teacher and ask...she tells me she has decided to stop doing it because it didn't seem to be working and she "meant to email me about it"...I waited last night and this morning for her email...it's still not here.
My daughter is going to be upset about missing spirit week next week, but I don't think I can allow her to stay in this situation, right? I mean, I did what the school asked, but they keep failing to hold up their end of the bargain!
The only question is what to do with her while we have testing and assessment and can make a decision about the best placement. You can't just take a kid out and not register them in another school...

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...