DeeDee-we chose someone from Hoagie's list, on the testing page. I already met her and really like her. We have IQ testing first, next Tuesday. Part of the reason we are in this place is to rule out ADHD or other things, especially since, so far, the school doesn't see it asa boredom or gifted issue, just a behavior one. I am confident in the dr we are seeing and the school wanted her to see a counselor of some sort anyway. I'm also in the middle of Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnosis...so maybe not just gifted/ADHD, but any o ne of a number of other things that you KNOW the school's testing would never reveal.

I feel, at this point, that the school has tried to put the entire burden on my shoulders, that I am somehow not doing enough. I thought this year was going to be different, but the situation has finally come to a head. I want to reach across the table and shake them and say "I KNOW my kid isn't the first kid like this you have seen? WHAT did you do with the others???" Maybe the REAL problem here is MY EXPECTATIONS are finally colliding with the reality of the situation, which is much more dismal than I ever imagined. I never imagined that principals and teachers would say a kid who demonstrated the ability to work on a higher level that they aren't ALLOWED or supposed to. it's taken ME a long time to accept that she might really be THAT bored and that is the answer?

I am hopeful that she thinks a different school is the answer and that she is not so soured on the experience that she is begging to be homeschooled yet...

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...