well, maybe we can try that one, but at this point, with the teacher already pulling the daily communication system we had, I don't know if this is going to happen...part of my problem now is that she did this without discussing it with me at all...I have been begging all this time for DAILY communication and you'd think I was asking them to cut off their right arms or something!

I'm 99.9% sure that this school has nothing left to offer us. The only question is what to do in the meantime...

BTW-the "bad" or undesirable behaviors at school are things like refusing to do work, reading under the desk, monopolizing discussion periods. I have been told we cannot allow her to read under the desk, etc because it "undermines the teacher's authority", but all the other kids KNOW my kid is "different", even among the bright and even gifted kids, she is not the same...and we have NO bad behaviors at home. Sure, she is not perfect, but I am not a permissive parent either and at home she functions beautifully...she starts homework with no prompting and is currently obsessed with "beating her time" to finish the work on a timer...

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...