we will start evaluation with a private psychologist next Tuesday (IQ test). She's also previously had an IQ test at 2.5 and the school gave them the Raven at the end of last year, 2nd grade. We know she's gifted and we know that after 3+ years, school life hasn't gotten any better.

In this case too, I think I might have to override "missing some friends"...she has "friends" but I would say that she is not super attached to any of the kids and has always been that way. Plus, she is getting labeled as a trouble maker, defiant, etc and that can't be helping her socially...I have wrestled with that part of the equation, but socializing at school shouldn't be my focus, right? She shoulc be challenged and stimulated, not feel like she has to spend all her energy trying to play some kind of game, giving the teacher "appropriate" social behavior...

The school won't do learning disability testing (just to rule out), this was the second time we had an SST but still aren't getting an IEP...

I think I owe it to my DD to find a better fit for her academically and the friends will follow...plus, we will still go back to our old school for Girl Scouts, so she will see those friends. And if we homeschool, we would have more time and flexibility for other social interactions.

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...