Originally Posted by renie1
However, i can't fit my DD5 easily into the Explosive Child paradigm-- that explosive behavior is caused by an underlying cognitive issue. I think i can stretch her into it if i had to, by thinking of her cogniitve power (very HG) as a disability, but it is a stretch, and makes somethign positive into a negative.

However, if i had to merge the two methods (EC and NHA) i think i might be able to do it... Grinity, what do you think?

irene

i know that you will be a difference-maker in your family! I think you will find ways to weave the two together! I think that the active recognitions will be great for both kids and that is a great starting place for NHA. Deciding to pick your battles is another great place to start with EC.

I think that teaching the actual missing skills to your son is going to help, and that NHA is one way to do the teaching, but in the long run, you will have to observe your child and see what works for him. You will lay the ropes on the bottom of the tank for the skills you son lacks, and 'shamu' him to speed his learning process.

So glad you feel supported by the therapist - that is excellent!!!!

That's what I think!

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com