I hope you don't take this as a "social side myth," but i thought it might be helpful to hear about my friend's son who has Aspergers. He's a rising 4th grader. Once she pulled him out of school and was able to deal w/ his giftedness and the inappropriate things occurring at school, his Aspergers symptoms got sooo much better. The school was a horrible, horrible fit for him. Things would happen and he'd hide under tables, run from the room and hide in school etc b/c he didn't know how to deal w/ the situation at hand. Now that she is HSing, she is able to find the RIGHT social situations for him, discuss the situation beforehand if need be, be there to help him deal w/ any situation at the moment rather than being told about it later and getting 2nd hand information, etc. Everyone told her that her son needed to be in school b/c of social issues but it certainly has not worked out that way. Now just a year later, EVERYONE that sees them, tells her how much her son has matured, how in control he is, what a delight he is to converse with. Now I realize that kids w/ Aspergers can be very different, but thought it might help to hear about another kid who has been successful with HSing.

Your post was definitely not long and rambling. I hope you find a situation that will be a good fit for your son!