Absolutely, Dazey!!

Okay B-mom, It seems like you are concerned that you two are butting heads and a teaching set-up between you won't work, so here's what I'd suggest.

If you decide to homeschool, sit him down and tell him what you are doing and why. I do think a period of *unschooling* is necessary and since you have the WIAT report, would you really be concerned if he sat around and didn't progress academically for even a ridiculous amount of time like a year?

Realistically, I could let my kids sit around and watch t.v. only, for a year, plug them back in school at the end and they'd be no worse for wear. That's a huge advantage to having the data that you have.

I get the control issue you are sensing, so when you draw up your student-teacher agreement, you say something like: Okay, from 9a.m.-11:30a.m. we'll *do* school. I'll provide you with a variety of educational books, videos, computer learning sessions, etc, but you can choose to do what you want with that stuff during that time frame. After you've completed your school work we can go play, park, zoo, play, etc. No t.v., video games, whatever time-sucking device of your choice-insert here, until such and such time.

Then, stick to the schedule- do not deviate.

Try seeing if that removes some of the control issues/struggles that you are seeing. You might just see him stop struggling for so much control as a natural result of him being in a more appropriate learning environmnet.

I defininately agree with what Dazey is saying about different learning enviroments. I'll add that both girls have very similar IQ's AND processing speed scores. I really do think the personality of little sis is the key to figuring out how to adjust her learning needs......

HTH