Okay. fair enough.

I can see where you're coming from because I agree that what definitely works for one kid doesn't work for another. When I say I promote homeschooling, certain programs, etc... I don't mean to imply that they are universal solutions to every problem. Those two, after all, are not even co-existant unless your kid attends a gifted class all day then homeschool all night :-)

I guess I think there is room for both kinds of opinions. I think some things are relative to the child and the family situation and other things it's okay to state that you are not a neutral party on.

I do think that a thorough knowledge of the Bible is usefull for ANYone... even if they chose not to ascribe to it. At least they checked it out and can speak intellegently on the issue AND can say wholeheartedly that they do or do not believe in God/Jesus/Bible.
I am not neutral in that position. I just think it's a good thing for people to read up on.

I think that's okay.

It is a little funny that this has gone on so much when I think most of us actually agree a lot more than we disagree on this. I think some of it has been misunderstandings on what a person was getting at. But that's okay. I appreciate those of you that talk it out nicely and clarify. I apologize if something I've said was not clear or came accross in a way other than what I meant.

I hope you all understand that my suggestion is that people search out spiritual issues (including what they think about the Bible and anything else) for themselves. AND that that suggestion, as well as all others, should be seen as just that... a suggestion of a resource and nothing to worry about.

SO, that's what I was TRYING to say all this time in a nutshell. Of course, you may take it or leave it.

Oh, Kathy, because in order to be a materialist you have to trust that material is eternal or self-creating many people consider that a faith of some kind (because it's not possible to prove). I guess it should be called a "faith" or a "belief system"... unless you use to try to practice mind over matter etc... then I think it usually qualifies as a religion....
But I know many others consider it not to be. That's fine. It was to demonstrate the range of veiws on the issue and how I think all can be discussed just fine.

I just can't say enough how much I appreciate the people on here that are mature enough to talk nicely about this. It's tricky! But you guys rock!