Kriston, I understand what you mean about having asnwers. I think I said something like what Cathy said in one of my earlier posts. For me, what I meant was not that I had to know that answers, but that if I gave an answer, then it had to ring true to me when I said it. I started out giving the answers I thought I was supposed to give, answers I thought my minister might want me to give. But I realized that they kind of stuck in my throat. And I realized that my kid could tell I didn't actually believe it. And I really didn't want to send the message that it is OK to pretend that you know what you don't know and that it OK to believe stuff just because the guy in the black robe says it and that it is OK for a mother to say something that they don't think is true just because it is the easy answer. That's what I mean about having answered those questions for myself (Cathy may mean something else--I'm speaking for myself here). "I'm not sure" and "I don't know" are often the most honest answers for me. I know what I don't know.

But I know plenty of people who don't know what they know well enough to know that they don't know what they don't know. (yikes. sorry about that sentence). And I think, especially for gifted kids, no good comes from faking this stuff--they know when you're faking.