Originally Posted by incogneato
One interesting thought too though is that most religions/belief systems that do regard the Bible as their authority share that fact with others (call that witnessing/evengelism or whatever) because the Bible itself tells them to. It is a practice of their faith that they concider to be a loving gesture. I don't see anything wrong with being tolerant of that too.

While I respect your point, I think you'll find the general consensus is that the community of posters here are not here to be evangelized too. I'm sure there are wonderful and engaging forums where that is respected and appreciated.

When one persists in witnessing to another who has expressed that it is not their desire to be accepting of it, it ceases to be a loving gesture and indeed beomes a force of one's will and indeed, I could assert one is then placing one's will above God's will. smile

You are indeed a lovely person, I enjoy your posts and look forward to your contributions to this community. Respecting the spiritual/lack there of(Love ya Cathy wink) diversity of this community, I'd like to ask you to share your self and experiences without evangelizing. We're all pretty great adults who are capable of finding our own way. smile

Dissenting opinions welcome:

I could very well be the most opinionated evangelical on this board, but I have to say I agree 100% with your post. We can discuss methods of sharing beliefs without discussing what we believe, and why. PM's are always available to discuss things in more depth. Thank you for summing up this discussion very well!