Thanks Jen. As I'm reading everyone's responses, I guess I'm asking for something that doesn't exist. smile (Can't someone just give me the manual for how to raise a kind, thoughtful and loving child?) wink

But the library must have loads of stuff on religions and culture and biographies of wonderful people. So thanks for ideas. I can't wait to hear what DS has to say about what his teacher told him...

Oh, while I was searching I found this book, which sounds intriguing: Pilgrim souls : an anthology of spiritual autobiographies / edited by Amy Mandelker & Elizabeth Powers ; with an introduction by Madeleine L'Engle. Not for DS, but I think i'll check it out. ("This anthology is broken down into the four basic categories of spiritual journeys, according to the editors. 1) Wanderers and seekers--those who pursue 'all available experiences under the sun.' 2) Pilgrims and missionaries--'individuals whose life goal has been the unwavering pursuit of God.' 3) Mystics and visionaries--'who focus on supernatural experiences and epiphanies.' 4) Philosophers and scholars--those who 'demonstrate a lifelong commitment to the discernment of the truth through the exercise of the intellect.')

Last edited by st pauli girl; 09/08/08 12:36 PM. Reason: added book description