It sounds like you have two issues - the first is what to do about camp, and the second is how to address the issues that have caused problems for our dd at camp. One thought that occurred to me, not knowing anything about the camp - what do you think the motivation behind most of the students attending is? Are the students there because they are the kids who are drawn to leadership roles... or is there a significantly sized group of students who are there because they are challenged with issues that prevent them from being a natural leader. If it's the latter situation, then sending your dd back to camp probably isn't going to accomplish anything in terms of her understanding the barriers that are leading her to be challenged with this aspect of leadership.

I do think you need to provide her ways to work through these challenges. If the camp is really good, really solid in how it's run, then I'd consider sending her back. OTOH, I think you'll need to do more beyond camp whether or not she goes back to camp. I would look for opportunities for your dd to participate in group activities where she's not in a leadership role, but where she can see another child take on that role and see how they adapt/etc to meet the needs of the group.

Best wishes,

polarbear